Chase is 6 months today, hurray! 6 months is still little but it's one of those month marks that makes you stop and realize for a moment how much time has flown by since having your baby.
Right now Chase loves to be put down next to his brother so he can listen and watch in awe as Owen plays and pretends and makes all kinds of car sounds and shooting noises and well, all the noises that 3 year old boys make while they play!
Chase is at the cute stage right now of grabbing his toes and trying to get them in his mouth. I love it! He is rolling around every which way and he loves falling asleep with blankets over his face. It kinda freaked me out at first but he loves it! We are still wanting the boys to share a room at night but it seems like it will never happen mostly because Owen doesn't go to bed without asking for at least three things, normally it's water, potty and he lost his car down the crack of his bed and needs help getting it. So in the mean-time all the getting up and asking for things wakes Chase up since Chase goes to bed earlier than Owen. Owen's room also has all the toys in it, so while chase is napping in his room during the day Owen has to play out in the living-room with whatever toy he picked for a couple of hours and that is hard for him and for me sometimes, since I like the rest of the house to be toy and clutter-free!
Owen is doing really well too. He is starting to understand a lot more about listening and making little choices so he can do fun things he wants to do. It's amazing to me how much kids understand even at three! He loves going to piano lessons with me and helping me with projects around the house so he can get some change for his piggy bank. I make him do things like wipe up his pee around the toilet he gets everywhere! He likes to help just to help and be around us sometimes. He is a really friendly, social little guy too. He won't hesitate for a second to tell a perfect stranger all about his cars or whatever's on his mind.
Brad got a job working with the owner of Biz-tel(not sure if that's how it's spelled). They instal and maintain phone and computer systems around Reno at different businesses. The hours are pretty flexible so I still see him quite a bit. Having him be my stay at home husband over this last year was extremely helpful and nice! He knows to do things before I even have to ask now and that takes a lot of pressure off of me and the day to day mom duties. We also got a lot closer and spent some awesome couple time together. We are like the "Dream-Team" now!
I have been doing really good too. Having a baby takes a lot out of you, but I felt like after about 3 months I was getting sleep again, four months I was getting out again, and the last two months have been a lot of fun! After thanksgiving I got determined to lose weight and can now say I've officially lost all of my baby weight and am back to, maybe even a little less than the weight I was before I got pregnant! I feel really healthy, have been sleeping good and somehow just from losing weight I feel like I dropped a ton of emotional bricks as well. It's weird how xtra unwanted weight makes you feel sometimes.
Anyway glad to be back in the swing of things, so glad to be a mom to my sweet boys and a wife to the best husband ever! Hopefully I'll get some cute 6 month photos to post of little Chasers soon.
2 comments:
I love you and have for a long time, even before you married Brad.
You are a good Mom, and a great Wife. Keep up the good work....I am grateful for you in my life. Carl thinks you are pretty great too! Just keep all those boys in line, especially the Big one!!
Love ya Mom
hi Tirza! I'm so happy to read that you're doing very well, especially having lost all of your baby weight, you have to tell me what you did, because I'm still struggling.
Anyways, I totally understand the whole ''room sharing'' problem, since I have the SAME exact problem. Rebeca just turned 6 months as well and during the day she sleeps in Massey's room and at night, she sleeps in our room.
Well, once again, I'm really glad to read that you're happy. I think this one of the greatest stages in life.
Post a Comment