Sunday, May 16, 2010

Primary

I don't usually post stuff about my calling, but being in Primary takes some time and thought and can sometimes be frustrating. I had a little meltdown today right after primary started. All of a sudden I was feeling so overwhelmed about teaching all of the kids the songs they need to know by the end of summer. And I have a hard time being creative so I'm never sure what is the best way to teach the kids their songs.

The senior primary can be really helpful but crazier than the junior primary at times. And when I'm teaching the junior primary, I just see the little sunbeams wriggling around in their chairs, poking each other in the face, etc. and I just want to work harder to get their attention. Anyway, I have a lot of work to do, to say the least.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

I feel the same way! It can be soo frustrating teaching primary! I have the same thoughts about Junior and Senior- the little ones are hilarious off in their own world and the older ones can be great, but can be worse than the little ones at times!

I'm glad to hear that you figured out what you're doing for the next few years. Hopefully, we can come visit you all out that way soon. I wish our boys could play together!

And the grass looks great! They don't do sod out here, cuz grass grows like weeds (they have to mow it down on the sides of the road, etc. to keep it from getting out of control). And no sprinkler systems either for the most part. Our yard has to be mowed at least once a week and we've never water it in the two years we've lived here. Crazy!

Crystal said...

I'm in primary too. I teach one of the Sunbeam classes and it can be challenging to maintain patience with those rascals. I imagine being the song person would be overwhelming. It sounds like you are trying really hard and I know the Lord will make up for the areas you feel are week.