Thursday, September 18, 2008

Summer on to Fall



Fall is starting to creep up on us and it is a lovely welcome change! I love the fall, the colors and smells and nice cool cuddly feeling when you climb into bed at night. Summer has been fun this year. Owen is getting so big now, he is telling me all kinds of interesting things every day, even if I don't really understand all of his amazing little stories. :) Corrine came to visit for a couple of weeks and helped me make this wonderful wedding cake for Lottie and Jeremy's reception. It has been a while since I had taken cake classes or made one so I was excited for the refresher course and the extra things I learned from the Expert!

Corrine stayed a few extra days and came up to Reno while I was gone for a girl weekend getaway in Sacramento (which was so much fun by the way) and they went to the annual balloon races at the Rancho San Rafael Park.













Owen had so much fun with the Girls. He and Brielle are both learning to go on the potty. So they would both go in, Owen on his little potty and Brielle on the regular potty, and have a little potty party. :)

Brad is keeping busy with his work and school and as of more recent the hobby of fixing up his Jeep Cherokee. As of Monday I have 14 Piano students! It seriously is just growing on it's own and I'm just totally enjoying it! I love my families and my kids that I teach. Most of them are about 7-9. But I have a couple of younger and older ones. My classes are going extremely well too. My online classes could not be any easier and my cooking class is so much fun! Wednesday We got in the kitchen again for the first time this semester and I just went wild with the spices. The chef of course comes around and tastes everyone's creations and then he got to mine and he's like "mmm" this is really good! I love experimenting and trying new things! Over the past few months I have probably tried 40 or so new recipes! I want to make a link list of all my favorites!


Owen is my little dirt boy and garden helper. He helps me pick all the green beans and cucumbers. We have had a really good first time with our garden. The corn is about a week away from being ready to eat, we have a had 4 large green bell peppers and 2 large bowlfuls of green beans and of course lots of tomatoes and fresh herbs and cucumbers and tons more growing.


img, id: BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5247624228461921138

5 comments:

Markarians said...

The Cake is Beautiful! You a a busy woman- piano lessons, garden, being mom, making cakes, classes. YOu go girl

Cristi said...

Look at all those adorable kiddos! Miss you all and wish I could join the fun with mine, too. Someday! It sounds like you're both busy and having fun with little O-man.

Emily said...

Tirza-
My name is Emily Boyd, and I'm from Fallon. I was just looking at your pictures and saw the beautiful cake you made for your sister's wedding! I have a quick question: How did you attach the ribbon to the bottom of the cake?? Thanks so much, its beautiful!!

Emily

The Hellyars said...

I actually had the same question when I wanted to have ribbon on the cake. But basically it just sticks right to the icing. And then you can just dab a little frosting on the ends to overlap them.

CCmomma said...

What a tribal look owen has with his mud warrior paint! I sure had fun with you all. Love you heeps!