Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ME and BRAD!

Me and Brad

So we have been married a few months over four years now. I forgot to post about our anniversary when we reached it. I was a little down cause I hadn't had Chase yet at the time and was feeling very pregnant. We still went out, had a great dinner and played miniature golf. But nothing extravagant. Brad and I were looking through old journals right after we moved into our new place and we were just cracking up at the funny things that happened while we were dating back before Brad's mission. Most of it was just silly teenager love/flirtation but it is funny to go back and read some of the things and reflect on our little history.

I am so happy every day knowing I married Brad. I never would have thought we would have ended up together. I even said in my journal something to the effect that "I just don't see myself marrying Brad, he just doesn't have all of the qualities I need in the guy I marry." Pretty funny huh? Well at the time you would have probably agreed with me. He was just goofing off and having fun in High school. He hadn't opened up and showed me what was in his heart. Plus his mission changed him a lot too! After he came home, he was so on fire with life and the spirit and that was a huge attraction for me. We had such a great time together getting to know each other again after his mission, even though we had known each other for a long time, it was like we were both different people. That was the best time for us to get to know each other again and really become spiritually connected as well. We both knew without a doubt through the spirit that we were meant to be together.

We got married July 15th 2005 in the San-Diego Temple. We had a beach luncheon and got some beautiful pictures by the Ocean. We spent a weekend in San-Diego and then went on our honeymoon to Kauai a month later. We didn't wait long to start our little family. But the year and a half before our little one showed up was a ton of fun for us too. I realized that the first while you spend together as a new married couple flies by and you can never get that time back. It was fun being sporadic with our plans, always together, no matter what we did, always having fun, everyday learning about each other was new and exciting.


Friday night we went out on a long over-due date. After that night we realized we can't let dates just be sporadic or they never happen. We realized we need to plan them out ahead of time even if it's once, then twice a month. Then hopefully more once Chase is a little older. It was so great talking and both being away from distraction that keep us from listening to each other. It probably sounds silly, but I felt sparks start to fly again and I love that feeling! It's way too easy to sit at home and watch a movie or whatever all the time. I love that, don't get me wrong. But it gets mundane sometimes.


Time has seriously flown by since we got married. Sometimes it just hits me that I am married with two kids and it's been four years already!?! I still feel like a teenager. Maybe that's why I act weird sometimes! Anyway life is good, and I am always glad to discover things and share things and I love the point in my life that I'm at right now!





2 comments:

AdaMandy said...

That's the cutest post. I didn't know you were married down there. I need to see pics! It takes a lot more to be with each other once you have kids. We should swap once a month or something. Maybe have certain weeks we do it? Anyway I love the pics!

Crystal said...

I'm so glad you're my cousin, Tirza. You're an awesome girl and I'm glad that you and Brad grew into the perfect match for each other. This was such a sincere post and I really loved reading it.