So I've had an interest in seeing how easy it is to make baby food. So a couple of weeks ago I ordered a electric grinder and food containers. Come to find out it's pretty easy and fun! When I go to the grocery store to shop for our meals, I just plan the extra produce into the shopping mix. So far I've made sweet potatoes, winter squash, applesauce and peas and carrots. I still want to try some brown rice and different grains, but it's a start and I actually enjoy it! Another great thing about making your own baby food is it's super cost affective. The produce that costs 1 or 2 dollars makes the equivalent of about $10 worth of baby food from jars if they are say .50 each. Anyway just something new and interesting I've discovered.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Baby Food
So I've had an interest in seeing how easy it is to make baby food. So a couple of weeks ago I ordered a electric grinder and food containers. Come to find out it's pretty easy and fun! When I go to the grocery store to shop for our meals, I just plan the extra produce into the shopping mix. So far I've made sweet potatoes, winter squash, applesauce and peas and carrots. I still want to try some brown rice and different grains, but it's a start and I actually enjoy it! Another great thing about making your own baby food is it's super cost affective. The produce that costs 1 or 2 dollars makes the equivalent of about $10 worth of baby food from jars if they are say .50 each. Anyway just something new and interesting I've discovered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I tried to make my own baby food! Haha but then I got lazy :) It is fun though isn't it! Where do you get your electric grinder and those cool containers though?!! I love them!
Yeah I don't know if I'd be diligent enough to keep it up. It looks like a nice thing though, and I'm glad you enjoy it.
I found those online but they are also available at Babies R Us for a little bit more. I thought they would be great for convenience so maybe I'd stick with it. :)
Post a Comment