Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fun New Things

Came home from candy class yesterday so excited about all of the fun stuff I learned how to make. I was pretty proud of my butterfly sculpture. You can't really tell, but everything is made out of chocolate. The butterflies are white chocolate and there are also chocolate leaves behind the rose and under the butterflies. I think I was the only one in the class brave enough to attempt any kind of sculpture, but after the amazing videos we watched, I had to at least try!

 There was lots of other yummy stuff too . . .
The first day we just spent making caramels, toffee, brittles, turtles, pralines, fudge, etc.
So now I have a lot of new recipes to add to my candy recipe box.  

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You're taking a candy class? How fun! But can I just ask? How do you stay so slim and gorgeous around all that deliciousness?

The Hellyars said...

haha, that is the tricky part.