mr. Chase always with a smile
Everyone relaxing after stuffing themselves
Aunt Dianne and Glen
Brad's Dad and his wife Mary
Cousins being cute and silly
Todd and Brad
Busy in the kitchen
My first turkey. Yes, I know such a big accomplishment.
More cooking
Ahhh look out, the turkey carver is on the rampage
Brad carving the turkey since I figured it was a man's job
We had mucho fun this Thanksgiving with Brad's side of the family. They told us they were coming to share Thanksgiving with us, and I looked at Brad and said "oh, so I guess we're in charge of holding a Thanksgiving dinner?' Even though I cook too much between school and for the family, I have to say I've never put on an entire thanksgiving dinner.
I think I cooked for 2 days straight. After my final on tuesday afternoon, I came home and got to work and kinda didn't stop until Thanksgiving dinner. I had fun for the most part. The problem is that I picked all new recipes that of course I had never tried, which is fun usually but it just made it a little more challenging in prepping everything.
It turned out to be a success. Some of the recipes I loved were a sweet potato dish kind of like a casserole or souffle but I don't like my sweet potatoes mashed, so I changed it up a little. another one was a corn pudding made with creamed corn, whole sweet corn and sour cream baked with a cornbread mix.
I also made a few appetizers, stuffed mushrooms and artichoke heart and roasted pepper puff pastry, which is yummy and pretty easy. Anyway the family said it was the best dinner they ever had, I just laughed because they were being so nice, but at least everything tasted good.
Well except the jello dish I made, go figure, it looked like an earthquake happened and a river was running through it. Jello should be easy, right? grrr. Well it's probably because I was letting the layers set up in the freezer to speed up the time.
Anyway, glad to have spent time with family. We went on some nice chilly evening walks, talked a bunch, ate a ton, watched movies, black friday shopped, and enjoyed a nice warm fire in the evenings.
Happy late thanksgiving!


No comments:
Post a Comment