This year we literally didn't think about Christmas until about 8 days before when finals were over at school. It felt so weird to be so detached from all the Christmas fun and excitement. And it was kind of rushed at the end trying to do some last minute shopping for each other.
Christmas was still wonderful! It made me think more about the savior, I think since I wasn't so caught up in shopping the entire time. And at one point I didn't really know if we were going to have any presents for Christmas with everyone being so busy.
So we talked to the boys a lot about Jesus and asked Owen if he knew what Christmas was about. We told him it was Jesus birthday and asked him what we should do for Jesus. Owen told us that he wanted to give Jesus one of his special toys since he gets toys for his birthday.
We thought it was such a sweet sincere idea, so we helped Owen wrap up a gift and set it by the door for Jesus to come and get it. (as Owen said he would.)
We definitely had some special moments this year at Christmas, but I also felt so far away from everyone in my family. I was and still am really missing my family and wish I could have spent Christmas with some of my brothers and sisters or parents.
The boys had a lot of fun with their Grandma Leslie and Grandpa Carl, as always. They love spending time with them whenever they stop by, and it's nice having some of Brad's family close enough to visit and help each other out once in a while.
We still managed to get a tree up and decorated
The boy's favorite hide-out was behind the tree
Owen hiding out too!
We enjoyed a good snow day or two
Chase always brings me his boots now cause he thinks there is still snow to go play in.
The boys are at such a fun stage together right now, they do everything together and are super bored if the other one is ever gone.
Santa Came!!
Reading stories waiting for grandma and grandpa to get here to open presents
Aww . . . sweet happy boys!
Yay Christmas is here!



No comments:
Post a Comment