Saturday, January 22, 2011

January

So for the most part, January was pretty uneventful. I started feeling better once I got on medication and after about 2 weeks of that I could mostly stop taking it other than sometimes at night. My sickness is mostly night-sickness not morning-sickness, but I hear that from a lot of other moms too.

The other issue I started having was downright gloominess. I felt sad, down and depressed most days and found myself crying at the drop of a hat. Like two days ago my OB asked me how I was doing and I just broke down and cried right there. Luckily he has been married for 20 years and he's been there through his wife's pregnancy's. So he sat there and went through my emotional breakdown with me to help me figure out what was wrong instead of just giving me an anti-depressant like the nurse said I needed.

I think for the most part I was feeling down on myself for all the things I haven't been able to do.  And there are lots of times I will have a glimpse of energy and I still don't want to do any of the normal household duties anyway. The boys will just wreck it in a second anyway so it's kind of like why waste the energy?

I was also feeling a little out of the loop with my friends. Before I got pregnant there was a lot of girl time between playgroups and jogging in the mornings with some other moms and other fun play dates we'd plan and date nights and stuff. Anyway since I got so sick, I kind of saw all that go out the window, and I didn't realize how much that is a life saver for me to spend time with other great women!

So hopefully now that I am feeling better life can get a little more back to normal and I can feel a little lighter hearted.

3 comments:

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm still dealing with being sick a lot and yes I'm on meds too and it does seem like life is gloomier than it was before I got pregnant, Jason doesn't know what to do with me but like most things it will pass hopefully sooner than later. I hope you are able to get back into the swing of things.

AdaMandy said...

Oh I'm sorry life has been so rough. I hope things start looking up soon. In the meantime call me to get together or play dates!

Crystal said...

I totally hear you. I hope you start feeling better and get to do the things you'd like to do. I've been the same way about housework the last few months... even when I had energy, I lacked motivation. Don't be too hard on yourself. Love ya!