Craziest experience ever! The surgeon hooks me up to IV drip and I think to myself, I'm gonna get a good nap out of this! I figure I'm going to start feeling sleepy soon, then the next second I feel my eyes really heavy and I wonder why it's taking so long to fall asleep. The nurse comes over and asks how I'm doing and I wondered if she thought it was taking too long for the anesthesia to kick in. Then she tells me that she called my husband and he is here to pick me up. I'm like what the?!? Its over?
It was so weird to be put under! What happened? How far did they stretch my mouth open to get four impacted teeth out! Anyway, I was so drugged up that I could walk and felt like I was sleep talking the whole way home. I didn't feel any pain really and my whole mouth and face was numb all the way up to my ears.
Once I got home, it seemed like I spent the next two days on the same spot on the bed and in the same clothes. I knew I needed to pump every few hours cause of nursing Trevor, so I'd slide off the side of the bed, pump, take my meds again and then fall back to sleep. Those two days are seriously a blur now. Brad and his mom were there to make sure the kids were taken care of. I had pumped enough milk before the surgery to feed Trevor for two days while I dumped all of the new milk out. They said it would be safe to start nursing again after two days.
That weekend Brad took the boys camping and I thought it would be a nice restful weekend, but it ended up being pretty stressful. I woke up in the middle of the night with a mouthful of blood and a crying baby who wanted to nurse and it was a little hectic. Two times I lost a clot in one of my sockets in the middle of the night and it seemed like it took forever to stop bleeding again. ahhh, it was so stressful!
Then four days after, I started having throbbing pain and I was worried that something was wrong. I couldn't sleep very good and even the shakes and blended soup I was eating was causing a ton of pain. By the next day, I felt maxed out on pain meds plus they made me so drowsy and it was so hard and frustrating to try and take care of a baby and my energetic boys.
It seemed like I kept breaking down and sobbing every night to Brad cause I felt so helpless. He had just taken a ton of time off of work when Trevor was born and two days off when I got my teeth out, so I didn't want to ask him to take any more time off, but I didn't understand why I was still having so much pain. I ended up making an appt. with the specialist the next day for a checkup and Brad watched the boys at his work for me. It turned out I had a dry socket and that was the reason for all the extra pain. So after the Dr. fixed me up with a special paste and a couple more prescriptions, I started feeling better within a day or two.
So my wisdom teeth experience took about two weeks to get over! And it's just only these last four or five days I have actually felt like I am finally back to myself. I am still really tired since I am nursing and up with Trevor a couple of times a night still. Plus It was hard to eat enough to maintain my milk supply while my teeth hurt so bad. But I'm hoping to get some naps this next week and try to take it a little easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment