The route was just a little under 6.5 miles... but it was a huge accomplishment for me! I got to run with my two amazing friends and enjoy a a beautiful saturday morning out. I was actually surprised with how well we all did. When we do our runs together, we are usually running a little over a 10 min. mile. On race day we were avg. a little over a 9 minute mile! I surprised myself even more with my burst of energy the last mile and a half and my time was 8:55 min/mile! So excited about that!
I don't know if I'll be doing a ton of running in the future, but running a 10K was actually one of my goals, and it was a lot easier to accomplish than I thought! Everyone had a great time, I only wish I had my kids on the sidelines cheering me on, that would have made it so much more fun!

2 comments:
NICE!! So proud of you guys! Way to go.
Way to go! Running can get addicting- it feels so good to reach your goals!
Post a Comment