ok the story . . . Our Landlord calls us out of the blue and tells us he's buying a house and closing on Friday and asks us if we want to move. We said we didn't really want to move, but we'd come take a look at it anyway. Well the rest was kind of history from there, we loved the house, it has about 300 square feet more than what we were in, a bigger kitchen, a den, a way bigger master bath and a just a ton of other little stuff we love about it, high ceilings, hardwood floors, etc. Apparently he offered it to us because he already knows what kind of tenants we are, instead of getting new people to rent it who have the possibility of trashing it.
It was a great move thanks to friends and the ward. We moved in about a day and then cleaned the old place up within a couple of hours. And since it it still the same Landlord, we didn't have to worry about all that security deposit and partial months rent and all that annoying stuff. It was very nice and easy! So we are excited and plan on staying here for 5 years while we venture in to some new quests with Brad's work and school. Guess we'll see what actually happens.
One silly boy. Guess he's happy!
We have a hill behind us instead of a main street (Vista) so all we hear at night now are crickets, it's amazing!


Nothing was really set up yet, but I started taking some pictures while everything else was in progress, so things are still a little messy around here.

I love the kitchen, after putting all of my kitchen stuff away, I discovered a couple more empty cupboards and drawers I have yet to fill. Not to mention, all of my kitchen stuff has a roomy home now unlike before where I stored a lot in the garage.

The hallway does a right angle which leads to the bedrooms, this part of the hall leads to a bathroom, laundry room and the kids playroom.

Some garden boxes I will start on next year I guess. And everything around the house and yard is on a drip system so I don't really have to do anything. It seems too easy!


4 comments:
Tirza this looks amazing!! Moving is a pain no matter what, but this definitely looks like it was worth it. Let us know when you get settled so we can come see it. I am so jealous of your play room!
I'm excited for you guys. I can't wait to see it in person. I love that Owen made your houses out of blocks, too funny.
wow I know what you are going through and I totally agree on the declutter move idea. Especially at the year mark. Love your new home and your new adventure!
looks like you found a great place. we will be moving come April of 2011- need a BIGGER house- more rooms:)
Post a Comment