Monday, April 25, 2011

28 Weeks

This month has really flown by. I am still feeling pretty great with no major issues. Right now my belly feels so tight like there's no more room to stretch. But of course the growing will continue. I am always amazed at how huge my tummy can grow during pregnancy. 

This last month or so I took up some reading, something I haven't done in a long time. I just started with some fun novels and signed up on goodreads to follow up on what everyone says is good. It helps me kick my feet up at the end of the day and relax after the boys are in bed. It's also nice to have something to do while Brad is gone most nights with classes.

The yoga instructor at my gym is leaving soon to go back to work full time, so I'm a little sad about that. Doing yoga twice a week has helped with my sciatic nerve pain so much! Not to mention all the other great benefits it has had on all the other aches and pains of my changing baby body. They don't know if they'll have another instructor to replace her for a while so I may have to get some yoga videos or something. 

Sleeping has still been pretty good, for the most part I sleep awesome, it's just sometimes the winding down and getting to sleep part takes me a while. Brad has been very generous with his willingness to scratch or rub my back when I need it or rub my neck when I get headaches. I don't get headaches a ton, but every few days there seems to be one lingering, not terrible but just enough to being annoying and make me not feel my best. I think pregnancy headaches are semi normal due to all the changing hormones and I remember having them with the other boys too.

I am excited for summer but not excited that I won't be able to enjoy it as much since I will be getting so big. But hopefully it will give the boys some more fun things to do and I can try not to get heat stroke. hehe. Another month down!


Brad took these pictures of me the other night before going out. I'm not sure why blogger is making them look so fuzzy once uploaded.
 The side profile amazes me when I compare it to last months picture

Baby:
-Weighs 2 1/4 lbs and is about 14.8 inches long
-Can open his eyes
-Getting more fat on his body
-Brain is very active now, lungs are still maturing 
-Beginning to wake and sleep at regular intervals

Mama:
-Belly now measures 37 inches! That means my belly grew 3 1/2 inches in the last month!
-Back to gaining weight this month, probable due to all my glorious food cravings. I gained between 4-5 lbs. this month. Kind of teetering between 139 and 140 right now.
-Total weight gain 14-15 lbs.
-Feeling this baby move like a regular little soccer player, he is extremely active. When Brad has a chance to sit and feel him, he totally freaks out the whole time, like "woah, oh my gosh, that was crazy, what is he doing in there?" It always makes me laugh.

1 comment:

CCmomma said...

yep- you popped! Looking great!