Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was so much fun! We got to hang out with Corrine and Brandon (Brad's sister and her husband from Colorado) the week before Christmas after Trevor's blessing. They have two girls around Owen and Chase's age and Baby Gavin who's two months older than Trevor. 
We did some fun things around Reno that week, got some chatting time in, made some yummy treats and the cousins played non-stop! Thursday before Cmas, we headed to Fallon and stayed there at Brad's uncle's house while he was out of town. We had fun cooking and wrapping presents and relaxing by the fire waiting for Christmas to come! 
Christmas Eve the kids made gingerbread men and trees, decorated their own way and then in the end made one big tree! They had fun and we enjoyed eating it for the next few days.
Ta-da!
Christmas eve the kids got in their new jammies and danced around the house. They thought it was so fun wearing their new pajamas.  This year I didn't get them Christmas pajamas, but I figured they can wear them all year.
Trevor was already in bed for the night, so he missed out on getting some pictures taken. I love Christmas eve, how excited the kids are for santa to come and everyone is so happy! It was a lot of fun being with family this year too.
Since we weren't staying at grandma and grandpa's house, we would get up early in the morning and head over to where all the action was.
It was so cold in Fallon, so we always had to bundle up before we headed over.
We started with stockings and zoo zoo pets since we still had to go to church at 9:00am. 

The kids raced their little pets on the floor and opened stocking to bide the time till church. 

The kids were being so patient for everyone to be ready to open presents. It was great to be able to go to church and enjoy the Christmas program and visiting with friends and family from Fallon.

The boys found their little corner of presents from Santa at grandma's house and were still patiently waiting to open them!!
Owen was so excited about all of his presents. We missed taking pictures of most of their presents, I'll blame Brad for that. :)
Putting legos together on his new lego table.
After a while, even the girls ditched their toys and were playing legos and cars with the boys.
Chase got a lot of cars 2 stuff. I loved watching his reaction to his new toys.
Brad took the pictures and I got some video of the boys, yes we are such a great team. lol
I was so excited for Christmas this year since last year I was throwing up pregnant and missed all of the fun Christmas build up. I was pretty miserable. So this year we shopped early, were able to get gifts for everyone in the family including our family gift exchanged on both sides, and enjoyed cooking and eating good food! 

After we got home, even after life got back to normal, the boys were playing non-stop with their new toys. It seemed like for two weeks after, they would only stop playing to eat or go potty, haha. 

I'm so grateful for our boys and for the family who could be with us this Christmas. 

No comments: