Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Year Updates

So far this year I am feeling a little behind. I actually did not celebrate New Years. I took Benadryl for an allergic outbreak and went to bed at 5:30 completely exhausted thinking I would only take an hour nap, haha, wrong! Brad was sweet to take over for the night and next morning cause I was out cold till 8:30 the next morning. Hmmm let's see, is that because I'm just a little sleep deprived?? I would definately say yes.

This last month or so has been so rough! Let's just call it Tirza's nightly zombie walking caused by children who do not sleep. Seriously, what in the world is going on with my kids? I don't know if it's the breasfeeding, or just Trevor, but he has either been waking up screaming at 2:30 AM or ravenously hungry at 5 AM. Either way, it is so not fun. About the time he starts sleeping again till 6:30 or 7AM, Chase will wake up during the night or at 5 AM wanting to get up and play for some reason. And if you tell him no, he has a fit like no other and of course wakes up my finally sleeping again Trevor. Ahhhh I feel like I'm going to go insane some days.

I don't want to sit here and complain about my kids, but I could though... And then maybe I'd feel just a little better for a while. There has been some days though that I have gotten pretty down and questioned my ability to be a mom to three!! I want to have more children and the days I struggle and am sleep deprived make me sad that I am having such a hard time with only three!!

On the up-side...life is starting to seem more exciting in so many ways. I feel like we are making progress as a family towards goals we've made. Brad got a REAL job in September where he can use his drafting skills and we can live like normal people. Haha. I mean real cause it's consistent, has benefits, no crazy boss's taking advantage of him, etc. I am really proud of him, and there is so much potential for growth within the company when he done with school. I hope he can stay with this company for a long time!

We've also mapped out his schooling and he will be done next summer/maybe fall. But then it's on to the decision to continue school or not. But the thought of that makes me kind of depressed cause I seriously love it here and want to make this our home home after he graduates. And we'd most likely have to move to continue his schooling in the program he needs.

Another happy thing this month, is that I finally made it out to the gym! Haha. Now that my baby is almost six months old. I love running and working out and so far I've been able to go twice a week this month. The kid center is great there and it gives me a little break once in a while!

Well....it's a new year, and even though I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions, I know it will be a great year despite the way I started it! Let's just hope I can get through this crazy stage of adjusting to three kids and live to tell the story. Lol.

Hope everyone had a wonderful new year!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

AdaMandy said...

Well first of all I think you are amazing for juggling three. I struggle with my two and am kinda freaked out about the idea of three. I don't look at it as complaining about you're kids. I think it's good to vent, especially so you can see that people relate and you aren't alone. :) congrats on the "real" job for brad. That's nice for you guys and it's nice to have an idea about school. So happy for you guys!