Saturday, February 4, 2012

All Things Owen

Owen started preschool in January. He is the only boy in a class of five other girls, but of course is eating up the attention. :) He comes home very happy and loves telling me about the fun projects or letters they worked on. I'm so happy he is able to go and is enjoying himself while learning a little.
Right now Owen is at an Amazing stage. I don't know if it's just his age or personality, but he is seriously so easy going. He helps me so much with Chase and Trevor. He can make Trevor happy so easily, so sometimes it gets me a little more time when I need to finish dinner or am helping Chase with something and can't get to Trevor just yet. He also plays so well with Chase, always teaching him how to build legos or play games. I just love watching him interact with his brothers.
Owen can also make his own lunch (PB&J most days), helps me unload groceries, and even helps me pick things out at the store. He goes to bed without an argument most always, he still loves stories and songs, but doesn't put up a fight like another child of mine does right now. haha.
On a not-so-positive note, he has recently picked up swearing. Lets see, so far I've heard him say the H word, GD, and not sure about the F word yet. Let me tell you, the first time I heard him say something, I freaked!!! But it's not his fault he doesn't know what they mean or even that they are bad. And Brad and I are careful about watching movies with swear words around him too. But even still, he hears it. After explaining that the words he said are very bad, I give him a different word he can use instead and it seems to be working great. Just another one of those fun challenges that come with age!
He is so full of life and energy right now. He wakes up and the first thing he does is go to work building legos! He is getting really good at building things and always wants to teach me how to build stuff. 

He is also the sweetest, cuddliest boy. He will hug me sometimes and say "I never want you to let go Mom." Or you are my best Mom ever." He loves to tell you about his day and has tons and tons of questions about things. He loves his Dad a ton and has been missing him so so much while he's been in school again. The other day I found him crying in his room because he missed his Daddy so much. Poor Guy. I sure love our Owen boy!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

what a great big brother
a great kid too....Owen is always excited to see us, and shows it so openly
LOVE IT