Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Great Outdoors


This weekend we went camping near the Yuba river in California. We had some friends come with us and Owen had a blast playing with their kids throwing rocks in the water and getting dirty! The water was way too cold to swim in yet but we did have fun rolling up our pants and wading in the river as the trail crossed over to the other side. We hope to go camping a lot more this summer!
I realized something so astounding this weekend. No, just kidding but I did realize that when we go camping we always seem to pack so much food cause we plan for every meal. But what we forget a lot is that most of the time when we are hot we don't feel like eating as much. Plus we always have to get stuff like jerkey, gronala bars and other munchies that fill you up and make you not as hungry for meals so then we end up with leftovers from not eating much at the meal itself. Yeah I know it was a major breakthrough huh. :)

No comments: