So over the weekend while camping Owen came down with some kind of cold. We didn't think much of it but our first night there he started coughing a lot and woke himself up all through the night because of it. The next morning he seemed a little better but couldn't seem to nap to much or anything. The night we got home we were up pretty much all night with him. He just seemed like he couldn't get to sleep. Sunday he started to get a fever and did not sleep the entire day. He wouldn't really drink anything and he was so tired that his eyes were half closed and he kept drifting off but waking right back up again.
Brad and I decided to take a drive and see if he would fall asleep. Unfortunately that didn't work either and he just did the same thing, start to drift off and then cough and wake himself up. Not too long after we got home I could feel him start to get really hot. I took his temp and it was at 102.8 degrees. I took his pajamas off and put a cold washcloth on his head. We gave him some medicine and I just laid by him and rubbed his head and his back. He was so out of it. He would just lay there half asleep and then start crying when he would cough. He drifted off a couple of times, it was about 8:00 P.M. now.
Around 9:30 or so I started to feel really worried. I had taken his temp again and it was at 103 degrees. I asked Brad if he could give Owen a blessing and after a minute I just started to cry. It had been such a long couple of days and now seeing him so uncomfortable hour after hour and his temp rising was so sad and frustrating. Brad got his oil out and asked if I would say a prayer, but I was so sad I kept crying and couldn't seem to do it. So he laid his hands on Owen's head and Owen just laid there peacefully while he blessed him.
After the blessing I stood up to go use the bathroom and not even a minute later Owen walks in all wide eyed and reaches for me to hold him. I was a little surprised and wasn't sure what was going on but Owen didn't seem sad or fussy or anything. Brad walked in kind of surprised too and said maybe we should run a cool bath for him. I was worried he wouldn't want to and would cry, but he was so anxious to get in the bath he just started climbing in and after he got in he was just playing and splashing like nothing had ever happened! I felt so much peace and felt like I had just witnessed a miracle for us and our little boy. After his bath, we got his pajamas on and got him his water and he started drinking right away and I took his temp again and it read 98.6 degrees. I couldn't even believe it! After that we laid him in his bed and he went right to sleep and other than once waking up needing more water, he slept till 8:00 this morning.
2 comments:
Tirza,
That is so awesome! I would have been freaking out. God is amazing! I am glad everything is ok.
Wow. That is a neat story. It's such a blessing to have a worthy priesthood holder in the home. I'm glad that you two live in a way to partake of those blessings.
Post a Comment