

So I found out that I could take really old looking wood furniture and turn it into something amazing looking thanks to my friend Teri. We've had our bedroom set since we got married and I always wanted to go darker like to a cherry wood but it wasn't a priority to spend money on it since we already had what we needed. I never considered this look, definitely lighter than cherry wood :) But very much my style. Anyway so I took some before and after pictures. It was so inexpensive and super easy to do and looks very Shabby Chicesh, which I love! I was going to go for the crystal drawer nobs but found these at a quarter of the cost and they actually looked perfect with it!


I also finished this tall dresser that goes with the set but it was dark when I took the picture so the detail is not as good. Still looks fab!
4 comments:
Good job Tirza! It's fun to make old things new again! Love ya!
They turned out great! It's amazing what you can do to spice up furniture that you're bored with. I paint a TON of my furniture. Sometimes Spencer thinks I'm crazy, but I get tired of the same old look.
Cool...did you just sand it down?
All you need is Ivory paint and a nice chocolate brown stain. You paint it completely and then brush on the stain and then quickly wipe it off with a dry towel. The Staining part is the easiest part. The part that takes some time is the painting since it usually needs a couple of coats.
Post a Comment