So tomorrow morning we are supposed to be finding out if we are having a girl or a boy, (if baby cooperates) and this next week I will be 18 weeks. Man already! So this is not what this post was originally about but I am really excited to know what this baby is. This pregnancy has been a little funky compared to my pregnancy with Owen. Yes I did crave green olives a little at the beginning with him, but not the pepperoncinis and other spicy food. I try to take it easy since I know that the baby is already cooking enough in there but it tastes so good!
Along with the throwing up almost daily at weeks 7 and 8, the craving for pizza and other non-traditional holiday food during Thanksgiving and Christmas was a little bazaar too. I only threw up once my whole pregnancy with Owen and that was after eating Crispy Creme Doughnuts! Go figure. And I worked at the Macaroni Grill while I was pregnant with him and the cooks were always making me these yummy veggie/pasta dishes that were nice and healthy. With Owen I craved broccoli and mushrooms and garlic and the yummy salads they had there. With this baby I am not so sure about the healthiness of my diet. At least once in a while things that sound good to me are pretty healthy.
The first three months of this pregnancy I had major insomnia! I would lay there and tell myself, "stop thinking, go to sleep, stop thinking, go to sleep." Then I would toss and turn a million times, sometimes give up and walk around or get something to eat or just start banging my head into the pillow to knock my self out! Nothing worked, occasionally Brad would wake up and scratch my back and usually I would be out within seconds. The only sleep problems I had with Owen was when I was huge at 8 1/2 - 9 months and it was impossible to get comfortable.
Somewhere around week 14 I discovered that I had somehow become lactose intolerant. Say what!?! Yep, that along with even white breads and and of course any kind of cheese made my tummy blow up and hurt so bad. These are the things that are just so weird to me! How does my body just decide to be allergic to something? The funniest part is that now, well as of last week. I am okay with all of those things again. hmmm . . .
Well the good and wonderful things about this pregnancy is that after week 14 the sickness left me. I have also been able to work out at the gymn regularly. I feel better than ever when I run a couple of miles or get to one of the aerobics classes there. I also love that I have a little boy who likes to eat green olives with me and get excited as I set up baby stuff. I also love that i have a husband who will go out and get me whatever kind of food I'm craving even if it's late.
I'm still not really showing yet, so hopefuly within a week or two we'll have some pictures of the "baby bump" to post. And of course we'll let everyone know what we are having. Well it's a baby hopefuly! Haha, I mean boy or girl.
4 comments:
Hey! I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats! That is so exciting. Hope you start to feel better soon:)
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better now, since the 14 week mark. What weird cravings you have! I haven't experienced that at all. :) I am excited to see if you guys are adding a brother or a sister to your family! I am sure Owen will love either one. Best wishes to you!
It was so fun to see you. Glad things are better for you. It will be fun to see who has the baby first.
It's funny to see how different your pregnancies are. I love that you want spicy food. It makes me laugh. I can't wait to hear what you are having. You better text me! Then we can go shopping! :)
Post a Comment