Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting My Spiritual Fill

I have been asked a couple of times this year to play at funerals. One was a Catholic service and the other LDS. It's always for people I don't know and don't know many of their family or friends either. I kind of don't like funerals anyway, (that's probably putting it lightly.) But I always want to help, so I pitch in and do what needs to be done regardless.

It turns out that funerals are really quite beautiful and very spiritual. And since I have no other choice than to sit through the whole thing, I have been quite amazed out how emotional I feel during them. Maybe it's because through the stories I hear about the people who have passed, I can feel myself start to think of my own parents, or grandparents. I have also found myself getting really caught up in hearing about the kind of person they were and learning about their life's legacy. It also makes me wonder what kind of legacy I will leave behind me.

1 comment:

beach girl always--at heart said...

I have experienced the same thing as we have been helping with the Patriot Guard.

It is amazing how we are all connected thru this life.