Last semester Brad graduated from TMCC with his Associates degree in Architecture. And this semester he is working on his Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at UNR. He works around his class schedule so it always extends the time to graduate by quite a bit.
This week I started my classes. I am pretty excited about them so far. I have a Nutrition class, American Regional Cuisine and Buffet Catering. I also have a two day chocolate and candy design class that I actually get credits for!
There is also a class called making gingerbread houses that I will probably take in the summer that counts towards my degree as well. Pretty Crazy, right?
But even though there are fun classes I had to take a ton of boring classes like economics, english, math, science, government, etc. So at least now I am pretty much at all fun classes.
My days are a little crazy right now. This is what my Tuesday and Thursday look like right now.
6:30 up and ready
7:30 leave the house
8:00 drop kids off at daycare
8:20 leave daycare and get to school
8:40 arrive at school and park
9:00 class starts
1:50 class ends
2:00 next class starts
3:15 class ends
3:15-5:00 study and complete assignments
5:00 leave school to get kids
5:20 pick up kids
6:00 home and dinner
7:30 leave the house
8:00 drop kids off at daycare
8:20 leave daycare and get to school
8:40 arrive at school and park
9:00 class starts
1:50 class ends
2:00 next class starts
3:15 class ends
3:15-5:00 study and complete assignments
5:00 leave school to get kids
5:20 pick up kids
6:00 home and dinner
It definitely makes for some interesting day having both kids go through the emotions of preschool/daycare and trying to get my starving kids something to eat when I get home from a pretty long day. I tried to take online and night classes as long as I could, but now there are only so many available times for the types of classes I have left. I guess this is why they tell you it's better to finish as much school as you can before starting a family. But it also spices things a bit and throws in some new experiences to look back on later I guess. So I just take it all in stride and try not to stress about it.
We love our new place! Every night we enjoy the windows open and the quietness of the neighborhood. It probably sounds funny to everyone who has been living in a quiet neighborhood, but for us it's so new! Because even when we were living in the house near UNR we were always trying to sleep though the neighbors having a late night party, or students walking by our house at all hours of the day/night. So this is like a nice new treat for us.
We are almost all settled in now. I organized the boys playroom with some shelves and hangers. And Brad has been working on the garage and getting all of his tools and garage stuff put where he wants. So we should be able to park in the garage soon!
I am so grateful for family and the gospel in my life. I feel blessed everyday to enjoy the sweet love of my children and I feel comforted and watched over in so many areas of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment