So it looks like I was wrong, AGAIN. Baby number 3 who I felt so strong was going to be a girl, is A BOY!!!
I have to admit I am a little sad. I was really thinking this time I would get a little princess in the house to play dolls and dress up with. Sigh….
On the other hand, I guess it means our family is not complete yet, although at this point, having three boys in a row makes me feel like perhaps I am meant to be a mom of only boys and maybe not ever get a girl, since we tentatively only plan on having four children.
Who really knows what the Lord has planned though, and I don't really know what's in store for us and our future children.
Anyway I know Owen and Chase will have a ton of fun with another brother to grow up with. Owen and Chase already have more fun together than I had ever imagined, so I know it will be great having another brother.
Other than still feeling a little disappointed today and still feel like crying every now and again, I am getting my head around it and doing pretty good. It's kind of surprising me how down I actually feel about not having a girl this time. I thought I had psyched myself up enough for the results, always telling myself it was probably going to be another boy. But I guess I wished for a girl a little more than I realized.
Brad brought me home flowers this morning and said he was sorry he couldn't give me a girl, it just made me laugh and cry at the same time, since I know one day we will look back at this time and laugh at the memory of how silly it all is.
Brad brought me home flowers this morning and said he was sorry he couldn't give me a girl, it just made me laugh and cry at the same time, since I know one day we will look back at this time and laugh at the memory of how silly it all is.
It's also funny because there are some families I know that are at the opposite end and have all girls and say how crazy and dramatic girls are and how much harder it is. BUT, somehow I still want to be a mom of girls, or at least one!
Brad took these pictures of me on Sunday, and since it's been almost a month since I last shared, I'll give a little update for 19 weeks.
MAMA:
-So far i've gained 9 lbs. I feel like the last month the weight has just been pouring on, it's kind of scary. And my appetite feels a little out of control at times. Yikes! I've been craving everything sweet and unhealthy, so much for not giving in to my bad cravings!
-I've been taking a power yoga class on Tues/Thurs. and trying some different cardio exercises on the off days, something besides running since that is a little too much bouncing for me while pregnant.
-Overall I am feeling pretty good about where I'm at. For the most part I have lots of energy, am no longer sick, and still feeling comfortable in my regular clothes.
-I've also been able to feel the baby's first little kicks and flutters over the last couple of weeks which has been really exciting!
BABY:
-brain is developing areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch
-weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches
-getting hair on his scalp
-the waxy protective coating is forming his skin
-kicking and moving strong enough for mama to feel


2 comments:
good luck with three boys I'm still going to hope for mine to be a girl. I'll probably be just as disappointed if I have another Boy but hey we take what we get. Good luck
I'm sorry I can imagine that wouldn't be easy. It's exciting either way, but you can't help but hope for a girl. I think you are exactly the kind of mom who is perfect to raise a bunch of boys. I think you both have the right kind of patience for it. Plus you make the cutest boys. :)
If you ever need a girl fix you are more than welcome any day to come play barbies, ponies, or dress up with gabe. She's always looking for willing participants.
I think you look beautiful by the way. It's unfair anyone should look that good pregnant. ;)
Post a Comment