So the happy pregnancy update.... this month has a actually been a really good one. In a way I can hardly believe I'm already at the 6 month mark, it seems like it got here so fast. But then I look back and remember those 2 1/2 months of misery and realize those didn't go by quite so fast.
I've been feeling really good. Energetic, for the most part, and able to pick up the routine I am used to doing without any problem. This pregnancy has been different in so many ways, and it has taken me awhile to get my head around the fact that I was so wrong on the gender prediction. However, since I came to grips with the fact that we are having another boy, I am excited and looking foreword to adding another sweet boy to our little clan.
People are still saying that I don't look that pregnant. But compared to the previous months, and depending what I'm wearing I think I definitely look pregnant! I of course feel pregnant, and I always joke around that this is as pregnant I want to be. I obviously know I'm going to get huge, but right now I feel like I can still do everything, including being able to still see my feet. So if only this is where it stopped. haha.
And contrary to how much I feel like eating most days, in nutrition class I learned that pregnant women don't need any additional calories in the first trimester, only about 350 extra calories in the 2nd trimester, and 420 in the 3rd trimester. I feel like I want to eat a whole other serving more of everything all of the time, if only my body would feel like it only needs a tiny bit extra. But somehow I always feel like eating a lot more than that extra amount they say!
Luckily this month my cravings and sweet tooth curbed quite a bit though and that helped me get back on the healthier track. I started making fresh vegetable juice every morning with our juicer and found some great combinations such as: carrots, spinach, celery, broccoli, apples or oranges. The carrots and fruit make it sweet and everything else enjoyable. So maybe that is helping fill my nutritional needs and hopefully curbing my cravings a little.
So for some details...
Mama:
-My weight gain slowed quite a bit this month, I gained 1 lb.
-Current weight: 135, total weight gain 10 lbs.
-Waist size: 34 1/2-it's crazy to think my waist has already grown almost 5 inches!
-This month I get to look foreword to the glucose screening test to see if I have gestational diabetes
-in the last month, my uterus has risen above my belly button and they say average size by now is about the size of a soccer ball
Baby:
-Is kicking up a storm
-Weighs over a pound now
-Brain is growing quickly and taste buds are continuing to develop
-His lungs are developing cells that produce a substance that will help him breathe when he is born
Me and this little un-named baby boy (we still have no Idea what we are naming him) at 24 weeks.

1 comment:
I still can't believe you look that adorable at six months. You're quite the inspiration.
Post a Comment