Tuesday, May 24, 2011

32 Weeks



So I've made it this far! Yipee. Now the really fun part begins with uncomfortable nights trying to sleep and anticipation of labor and super strong kicks from our little athlete into the ribs at all hours day or night..... Sigh. If only God made the duration of pregnancy 7 months instead of 9. 

I  was feeling pretty good and energetic and small and then about last week it was as if overnight I felt like a hippopotamus trying to get around. Chase has been sick lately and wanting to be held so much, but it has gotten so hard and uncomfortable to hold him or carry him around anymore, it makes me sad. My belly feels so tight all of the time like it's just one big brackston hicks contraction. And our little baby moves and kicks so much and so strong, it is hard to feel comfortable doing many things these days. 

I want to enjoy all of this pregnancy and not get to the point where I lose my sanity because I want to have this baby so much, but alas I see that point fast approaching. Maybe that's why women are willing and anxious to give birth because by the time it gets close, we'll do anything to get these babies out!

Mama:
-Blood volume has increased 40-50% since becoming pregnant
-Uterus is now pushing up near my diaphragm making it a little hard to breath sometimes
-Have had some crazy heartburn this last month, some night I've had to prop myself up to a sitting position slightly reclined in order to go to sleep
-Gained 4 lbs. this month, current weight 144. Feeling pretty normal now with food cravings and eating habits regulating out a little bit. The doctor said I should expect to gain 1 lb. a week through the rest of my pregnancy, and sometimes lose a few lbs. right at the end.
-Waist size 39''- I have now officially grown 10'' around since becoming pregnant. Ha! With 2'' of growth in the last 4 weeks. 

Baby:
-Now weighs around 3.75 lbs. and around 16 1/2'' long
-Now has toenails, fingernails and hair or at least baby fuzz :)
-Will put on 1/3 - 1/2 of his birthweight in the next 7 weeks
-Skin is becoming soft and smooth as he puts on more fat and continues to gain weight

1 comment:

Emily Rasmussen said...

you look beautiful! Hang in there! They are so worth it...I promise.