Mother's day was a little different this year. Not quite the traditional bed in breakfast, start the day out spoiling mom day this year. Brad rolled into bed utterly exhausted around 7 AM after covering a paper route for his buddy for the 2nd or 3rd day in a row. He mumbled Happy Mother's Day right before he dozed off about 2 seconds later. And of course about 10 minutes later, the boys were ready to get up for the day, and started asking for breakfast and making lots of noise.
So instead of Brad taking on the responsibilities of the morning like I had really hoped for, I was the one undertaking the usual task. Which along with it came a diarrhea diaper from Chase to welcome in the morning with it all running down his leg of course. Sorry for the details. But it just wasn't the picture perfect Mother's Day morning.
Anyway, after getting Chase changed, I decided to just enjoy being with the boys and make it fun, because they really are fun and I do love my boys to death! So we made waffles together and they helped me mix the batter and sample the fruit we were going to have with our breakfast.
Later that morning, Brad appeared after getting a few hours of sleep and gave me the biggest hug and I love you. He and Owen brought me the cards they had made for me, and a special mother's day present they had picked out earlier. The day just got better and better from there. Brad got the boys all ready for Church and gave me extra time to get ready.
We headed to Fallon after the 2nd hour of Church to enjoy some time with Brad's Mom and Grandma. We got to see the baby chicks they have and helped plant a little bit in their garden. It was a nice afternoon and was great to be with my boys.
I know this post is a little late in coming, but I really do feel so blessed to be a mom. I love the fun times and the not so fun times that help me grow. I look back and see my growth as a woman and a mother over the years and just feel overwhelmed with Love and gratitude toward my Heavenly Father for all he has blessed me with. Having Owen and Chase and this little baby boy growing within me now is the best thing I could ever ask for!
A couple of cute breakfast helpers
Ready to cook our breakfast
Chase is so desperate to hold a baby chick!
Chase was so cute with the baby chicks. He wanted to hold them so much, but would squeal when they got close.
He kept putting his hands out like he thought the chicks would just come right to him
Wanting so bad to hold it, but not sure about the way it feels in his hands
Helping Grandma in the garden, Owen was such a great helper.

No comments:
Post a Comment