Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back-Yard Hooligans

Owen and Chase have been loving the back-yard on the warmer days. We spent two tiring days doing yard work a while back. The boys helped a little, but mostly they just played and threw rocks around and tried to tromp through the piles of stuff I raked up. 

We weeded the side-yard where all the weed grass was coming up through the rocks, stacked the pile of wood that's been sitting on the ground all winter, trimmed hedges and shrubs (takes forever!), and sprayed weed killer all around to hopefully prevent more weeds coming up through the rocks. 

On the warm days we haven't been doing yard work, we really enjoy the nice quiet of our back yard, with some shade and birds singing lots of pretty songs. I can't wait until it's warm consistently so the boys can play in their pool and I can do some gardening and maybe even get a little bit of a tan!

Goofing off



 Our stacked wood, after it sat in a pile all winter

No comments: