Wednesday, June 22, 2011

36 Weeks Down, 28 Days to Go....

That is of course entirely up to the baby to come when he is ready, which could be sooner or later, but still! I can't believe the countdown is on!! 
I was running out of time to get maternity photos taken this time, so Brad took some shots again when I was all dressed up for church and they turned out pretty good! 
I have been carrying so different this pregnancy, much higher and all in front like a big basketball or something. I have not been able to sleep or just lay on my back even for a second almost this entire pregnancy cause all of the weight is just so centered into one spot.  
At the side-profile you can see how HUGE my belly has gotten, and I am definitely feeling big, I'm pretty sure this month I've started to get the pregnancy waddle. hehe.
I am getting excited to give birth to this sweet boy, to finally have him out of me! But I am still debating how excited I am about having a newborn and getting no sleep and juggling three children. I guess over the next few weeks I will feel more ready hopefully.
Mama:
-Still hanging in there, getting a little less quality sleep, but still able to sleep okay most nights. I actually wake up in a lot of pain for some reason in the mornings or sometimes in the middle of the night when I have to pee, AGAIN. It's like everything on me goes dead, my sides, hips, legs and my inner groin feels SO SORE! I have no idea why it happens when I sleep, but it seriously feels like I did some major work-out the day before. So I've realized sometimes even though I still feel tired, it's better just to get up and move around for a while till I feel better, even if I start my day a little earlier than I'd like.

-My ribs are also tired out to no end! It's either my front ribs or my back, he switches it up a lot, but still....I'm SO sore and feel like I can't breath a lot!

-My weight gain has stayed pretty steady, I've gained 5 lbs. this month, total weight gain so far, 24 lbs. Current weight, 149. It still feels like so much though! But the doctor says I'm doing great and staying healthy, so I guess it's good.

-My belly now measures 40 1/2 inches around. That's only 1 1/2 inches bigger than last month, which seems weird to me since I feel so much bigger! Maybe it just has something to do with feeling so much more baby inside now.

-Brad continues to be my saving grace with his sweet willingness to alleviate some of my aches and tiredness by giving me back, neck, feet, leg messages. He is seriously amazing, I don't know what I'd do without him!

Baby:
-Gaining about an ounce a day, weighs around 6 lbs. and estimated somewhere around 18 1/2 inches long

-Shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covers his body as well as the waxy substance that has covered and protected his skin during development.

-At the end of this week, he will be considered full term (37-42 weeks)

-At today's check-up he is already in the head-down position, fluid and vitals looked great too! So hopefully he will be ready for the smooth, natural birth I am planning to have with him in a few weeks!

I made a little collage of all the photos we took of me pregnant, starting with the positive pregnancy test! It's fun to look back and see how much I grew every four weeks.  I also think it's funny how big my belly felt all of the time, but nothing compares to how big my belly is now! The next photo we will take, if we get to four weeks from now, will be right before I have our little guy. 

No comments: