Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birth Story

There is something so invigorating and energizing that happens after having a baby. It's crazy! You've just accomplished this huge task of giving birth and it seems like you should be out cold, and yet.... just like the other two, I just laid there looking at the little bundle in my arms and smiling and not sleeping pretty much all night. 
So, our night in the hospital I wrote out the events of the day and the whole story on my phone while holding little Trevor. I just couldn't believe how happy and excited I was and how wonderful the day was.


I was so excited the night after I had Trevor, I wrote the story using the note app in my iphone..... copy and pasted :)


I am sitting here tonight in the hospital vibrating with joy and excitement of just giving birth to my 3rd healthy boy. He is so beautiful and perfect! He has perfect little feet and the cutest little mouth! We named him Trevor Michael!

I am so so excited to finally be able to hold him and see him and be his mom!

His birth was amazing, only 4 hours at the hospital with an amazing quick transition time and I  was able to have the natural birth that I wanted and all of the hospital staff worked so well with us.

I woke up this morning around 4 am to use the bathroom like usual in the middle of the night and after getting back in bed just felt a huge wave of sadness come over me that I hadn't gone into labor during the night. When I went to bed last night I just wanted to have him so much and I just couldn't believe another night had passed without any cramps or contractions or anything!

I cried a little bit then eventually fell back to sleep. Brad went off to work early, but my sister was staying with us to help out before the baby came. So in the morning once the boys were up, I got up in my depressed mood, got them breakfast and turned a movie on then went back to bed to remain depressed. This was around 8 am. Once I laid down, I started having some contractions and just kind of dozed off cause it seemed like it was no big deal. I ended up having quite a bit of contractions, so I went out and asked my sister to please watch the boys for me so I could just try and relax and see where these contractions were going.

I continued having random contractions without anything too strong. I was able to doze off quite a bit and that felt wonderful too. I texted Brad and let him know I was having some contractions and to keep his phone close. He ended up coming home from his early job around 11:00. I was so happy to see him and after that my labor started to get more consistent and stronger. It was like I just really needed him there with me and to know he was done with this super big job he had in Carson City since Monday.

Over the next couple of hours at home I felt really good! I felt refreshed from my morning nap and was excited that my contractions had remained consisted as I packed up the last things we needed for the hospital. Brad and I started timing my contractions again. It wasn't too much longer and I felt like we should get headed to the hospital since my contraction had been 2-3 minutes apart for the last hour and hopefully get there before I got super uncomfortable and it would be hard to drive there and get settled in.

We checked  into the hospital around 2pm, I was dilated to a 3-4, and we spent 2 1/2 hours in triage waiting for a room! ugh! It was extremely uncomfortable there surrounded by noise and other women coming in to get checked if they were in labor. My labor slowed down probably due to my uncomfortableness with the situation and I had to put on my headphones, listen to my birthing affirmations and really focus on how much I wanted to have this baby!! I had to really concentrate on my surges and speeding them up cause they slowed down to 10 minutes apart and I knew we couldn't get out of that room if they thought I wasn't in real labor or not progressing enough.

After getting my headphones on and being able to relax more, things picked up pretty fast and I could feel my contractions getting stronger. I told Brad to have them check me again and I was at a five, so finally they let us out of there!!

Once we got into our delivery room, I could really feel myself relax more and labor really progressing fast. No one came in to check on me once they put us in the labor room other than to put a hep-lock in. Apparently they were super extra busy in the hospital and figured I had just gotten in there and was only dilated to a five. 



Brad was getting nervous cause he could tell that I was getting close to having the baby and no one had been around for awhile, so he pushed the nurses call button and the nurse came in, saw me about to give birth with my bag of water bulging out and in the next split second had like 4 other people stuffing things under me and catching the baby!! So it was only 1 1/2 hours after getting into our delivery room, Trevor was born

He was such a big baby too, at 9 lbs. 2 oz. I felt every ounce of that coming out! The moment he was out, I nearly jumped up with excitement and so much relief. It was instantly all better! He was out and all the pressure finally stopped!! I could really feel the difference of birthing a big baby, but at the same time knew I could do it and tried to remain as relaxed as possible, then he was out! Without any tearing or difficulty. I didn't do the forced pushing the hospitals tell u to do, (knees to my chest).  Instead, I was on my hands and knees and let the strong birth contractions and my focused breath do all the work and it was so much better just like my birth with Chase!

I guess he even had the chord wrapped around his neck twice, but you would never know it cause he was pink and healthy and they only gave him a tiny bit of oxygen right after coming out for a couple of minutes.

Earlier on, when my doctor came into triage to check on me, he suggested breaking my water to get thing going faster. If I had said yes and he did that not knowing Trevor had the chord wrapped around his neck, it could have caused some major complications with the baby not having that cushioning around him! I I really believe in doing things natural and in not taking shortcuts to speed things up for the doctors convenience or whatever the situation may be. Because it could have ended up poorly instead of beautiful and wonderful without complications!!

So anyway, a beautiful wonderful perfect day and now our baby is here and we are all healthy and glowing with joy! Must try and sleep now, haha.



I guess I just wanted to write everything down while it was fresh in my mind so I wouldn't forget anything. The main thing I felt was pure happiness, I felt so happy to finally see our baby boy!

No comments: