Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy 6 Years Babe!

Yesterday we celebrated our 6 year anniversary. It was so much fun, despite the fact that I am so pregnant right now! I was debating weather or not I should just celebrate it later after the baby is born, but then I figured it wouldn't get any easier trying to find someone to watch a few week old baby or feeling comfortable leaving him yet. 
So every year rolls around and of course there's never a very big date/anniversary budget, but I figured it cost a bit to go out to a nice dinner, movie plus getting a babysitter. And I didn't feel like doing any of those things. So I asked Grandma Leslie if she'd let the boys have a sleep-over for the night and give Brad and I the night off to relax and do whatever we wanted. 
I thought I'd try out the bidding thing on Priceline hotels and we ended up getting a crazy good deal on a four-star hotel in town, which cost about the same, maybe less, than going out to dinner, movie, +babysitter. We had an amazing room, and I planned and brought food and our portable stove with us (probably not really supposed to do that) so we could eat in and just relax. We had a great chicken dinner, sparkling soda, chocolate covered blueberries and strawberries and pancakes and eggs for breakfast. It really was the best!


 We went swimming in one of their amazing pools there. It was bathwater warm, and felt terrific! The whole time we were in the pool, nothing hurt at all! I felt so happy and relaxed after our swim, it was exactly what I needed.
 Our marriage has been an amazing ride so far. I think we have both learned so much and grown tremendously, in love as well as in so many other aspects of our own personal development. I feel like we talk and communicate on such a great level, and we can share our ups and downs with each other without passing judgment or feeling criticized.
 When I said yes to the big question almost 7 years ago, I loved Brad more than I could ever imagine. And I know everyone says this, but I really didn't think it was possible to love him more now than I ever did at any other time in our life before. He is the best husband, father, friend, confidant, love I could ever wish for. Thanks for being mine for keeps!

1 comment:

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

happy sixth anniversary. Good luck with having baby #3 hope it happens soon.