Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A little Discouraged...

Well, try as I may, I can't help but feel a little down about still being pregnant today. Two days ago I was headed home from the Lake with the boys having contractions. I had been feeling a little weird that day, crampy, hot flashes, some pressure down low. And anyway my contractions started up on the drive home, and for the whole hour drive they were coming like 5-7 minutes apart and stronger than regular Braxton hicks.

So I get home and sit down to relax and they start up again. Brad turns on a movie and I got out my handy little iphone contraction timer and casually started timing my contractions. Well they continued through the entire movie, avg. 4 minutes apart for like 2 1/2 hours. Brad asked if he should call someone to come over so we could leave if we needed to, but I still felt like they weren't strong enough yet. So I thought we should go to bed and I'd just rest and see if they got stronger and then we'd go to the hospital.

Well, that was that. I woke up the next morning totally baffled I had slept through the whole night with no contractions or anything! I was still in a pretty good mood, but just surprised they had stopped and we hadn't had our baby during the night.

I got up and after changing Chase's diaper, I laid back down and the contractions totally started again, very strong and like one on top of the other. So after an hour or so went by, Brad decided to get someone to watch Chase (Owen was staying with cousins that night) while he went to work (not far away) and I could relax and hopefully let labor progress.

The contractions ended up turning into nothing, I fell asleep again (guess I was really tired) and just ended up having a semi-normal day. I have felt different these couple of days though, more pressure down low and harder to walk without getting major braxton hicks. And just overall, not feeling very well. So at the doctor's today, it turns out I had blood and protein in my urine, which I guess indicated I had a bladder infection? So I guess that's why I've been feeling weird and what may have triggered all of the contractions that didn't end up being real labor.

Sooo, two day later I am still pregnant, taking an antibiotic for the infection, and trying to get my head around the fact that I still have a week, if not longer, to go. Poor me, just have to moan and groan a little  because I am so ready to get this baby out!

2 comments:

AdaMandy said...

Ah man that's such a tease! We were so excited to hear you had him, and we never did. I'm sorry that's rough! Hang in there before you know it you'll have him and I'll be happy for you, but sad I don't get to hold him. :) that just means I'm gonna need lots of pictures. Tons. U look amazing for being so ready to have him.

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

I know exactly how you feel. Pregnancy gets really old at the end. Good luck. ;)