Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy 3 Months

I'm off by a few days, these months are just racing by! I feel like I keep missing Trevor's age mark each month. I'm so happy to be Trevor's mom. He is such a sweetie pie. He is always smiling these days and we even got to enjoy hearing his cute little laugh a few days ago when daddy was talking to him.

For the last couple of weeks he has been sleeping an 8 1/2 hour night, such a nice break for me! I felt like it took him so long compared to the other boys to sleep all night. I wasn't in a huge rush, I just missed my sleep sometimes. :) He is starting to grab at things, and just today I caught him holding a little stuffed toy and staring at it so intently. 

We've been having some struggles with nursing, problems that I'm hoping are just related to a growth spurt or some other phase at this point. My milk supply is really good and everything, and I'm not as stressed or busy as I've been in the past with new babies. But off and on for the last month he just refuses to nurse sometimes. I know he's hungry cause he's fussy and won't sleep, and if I try over and over to get him to eat, he gets really frustrated and starts biting me. I have developed all kinds of theories over the month, but then each day turns out different and then that theory goes out the door. So, sigh... I'm willing to spend the time and make it work, it's just hard to know what to do some days and I feel like I've tried everything.

One of the things that make it harder to find out what Trevor needs is not having the un-interuppted time to figure it out. Like today I sat down to feed Trevor then Chase comes over to me screaming cause he got hurt, or other days when Chase keeps whining for food or needs to go potty. It's just kind of hard to find a quiet place with a two year old! 
My sweet boy is getting so big!



1 comment:

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

I've been having similar problems so when Eden gets really fussy and just wont nurse I give her a break and try again a few minutes later after she has calmed down.